Goal: To provide strategic communication support to HIV.gov, which is the central source for information on federal HIV/AIDS programs, policies, and resources
Overview: JSI has served as the communications contractor for HIV.gov (formerly AIDS.gov) since 2006. Funded by the US Department of Health and Human Services, HIV.gov is a multifaceted social media TA and communications initiative that strives to educate, motivate, and mobilize local and national leaders as well as minority communities around HIV and AIDS.
JSI develops and implements a comprehensive communication plan that emphasizes social media and emerging technologies. We are responsible for all marketing, communications, and outreach. We currently manage HIV.gov’s social media presence on the HIV.gov blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat, among others, to its hundreds of thousands of online followers.
Results: JSI’s subject matter expertise in HIV/AIDS and understanding of its target audiences have led to the site’s national preeminence in the HIV/AIDS community. In 2016, JSI:
- Managed key information on HIV.gov, which received over 8 million unique visitors and 15 million page views
- Published 303 blog posts, generating 306,833 page views
- Produced 44 videos (29 through Facebook Live)
- Facebook: 52,885 followers, 822 posts, 47,506 likes, 13,919 shares, and 10,253 comments
- Twitter: 345,091 followers, 1,263 posts, 11,870 retweets, 377 replies, and 10,214 likes
- Instagram (@HIVgov): 268 posts, 11,238 likes, and 296 comments
- Convened/facilitated 12 Federal HIV/AIDS Web Council meetings, which focused on issues of critical importance to Minority AIDS Initiative populations and communities of color