John Snow, Inc. (JSI), and nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout US and around globe. Our mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause.
Health communication at JSI combines our decades of public health experience with approaches that support people to change behavior and improve health outcomes. Our work is flexible, tailored, and creative, motivated by our public health mission and responsive to our clients and the communities they serve.
JSI health communication:
- Combines our deep understanding of public health with formative research methods that engage target populations, inform our communication strategies, and create meaningful experiences
- Crafts social marketing campaigns that educate, motivate, and activate people to adopt healthy behaviors
- Implements strategic communication approaches that help public health organizations share the latest information and strategies for tackling our nation’s most challenging health issues
- Builds the capacity of our clients to communicate more effectively with the people they serve and to meet their programmatic goals
JSI works with clients in all areas of public health, in all U.S. states, territories, and American Indian tribal nations. We bring our excellence in management and technical services to our clients including various federal and state agencies, private foundations, associations, and advocacy and community-based organizations.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention
- County of Orange (CA) Health Care Agency
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Merced County (CA) Public Health Department
- New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
- New Hampshire Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Program
- Santa Clara County (CA) Public Health Department
- Tufts Health Plan Foundation
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Adolescent Health
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of HIV/AIDS Policy
- Vermont Department of Health
- Wisconsin Department of Children and Families